Jul 24, 2009

Atlanta Convention

Summer was a busy month, but one of the exciting weeks was when I was attending a convention. During the week of July 6 - 11th, I went to a High School's That Work convention in Atlanta, Georgia. I spent two days working on curriculum before the actual convention began, then a follow-up day after the convention to finish up the curriculum units. It was a lot of work, but I left with a bunch of great ideas.

I attended the convention with several folks from my district, but specifically Dr. Scully (my principal), Emily Stout (band teacher) and Richard Belotti (math teacher). During that week, I was able to visit a few places of interest: CNN, the Coca-Cola Headquarters and the Georgia Aquarium. The picture attached is of CNN. They don't allow cameras during the tour, so this is the best I could do. I have to say, though, that CNN had the tightest security of all, including the airports. The globe in this picture has the world's longest free-standing escalator attached. It took 2 minutes to get to the top, which is where the tour begins.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the 'world of blogging'! Now I can check on all three of my kiddos and see what is going on with their families.

Mom

Post a Comment