Mar 18, 2010

“Stay-cations” Sound Pretty Fun to Me

This week is Spring Break for both the boys and me. After trying to make plans this  week with ideas from everything like a day trip to the Omaha zoo to a day trip to Branson, we decided to stay home.  However, staying “home” didn’t mean we have to STAY home.  Even though the sun didn’t cooperate a lot this week, here are some pictures of the activities we did do while on break.  (Today’s KC zoo outing will be my next blog with pictures.) 

march1713

Dylan got a new bike this week. His little “training” bike from last year just wasn’t getting the job done anymore.  Despite the chilly weather, we took our first bike ride of the season on Tuesday.  Dylan picked out this particular bike because his favorite color is blue, which was also the color of my hands when we were finished with this ride.

march1712

Yesterday we went to CoCo Key. The boys had a blast at this water resort, although we weren’t the only one’s with this “great” idea.  We spent a few hours there, but it got to the point of being just too busy.  It’s a great little water park, although it doesn’t compare to the Great Wolf Lodge.  CoCo Key does day passes, though, while the Great Wolf Lodge requires a room rental.

Today we went to the KC zoo, but I haven’t downloaded pictures yet. They’re on my camera while the above pictures are from my phone.  I’ll post the zoo pictures with Kelly Pittard’s wedding, once I get those pictures taken on Saturday.

Happy Spring Break!

1 comments:

Amy said...

Glad you had a good time! I like the word Staycation. That's what I'm doing over Spring Break. Two of my co-workers are going to Paris and to New York City, while I am staying home. I'm just positive I'll have more fun! LOL

Post a Comment