Jul 4, 2010

July Fun in Nebraska

I took the boys to Nebraska for their annual summer outing in Nebraska with Grandma and Grandpa. We stopped in Lincoln and picked up Madison on Friday so that the boys could hang out with their cousin for a night. We'd picked up fireworks on our way to Schuyler, so, as you can see, they had a blast!

On Saturday, the Broekers met us in Omaha for a visit to the Omaha zoo. As busy as the parking lot appeared, the zoo itself wasn't too bad for the Saturday before the 4th.

Clockwise: Madison, Tyler, Evan, Dylan and Grant (in the stroller)

Dylan and Madison, trying to figure out where to go next

Dylan, Grandpa and Madison: They were ahead of Evan and me on the sky lifts. This was our first time on the lifts, and it was pretty amazing. I'm just glad I didn't lose a shoe or drop my camera above the rhinos!

Evan next to me on the sky lift

Amy said this exhibit is Tyler's favorite, so we had to go check it out. Dylan found a bird to feed, which was pretty rare because Tyler (our zoo expert) told us it wasn't feeding time and it was mating time. (Yes, Amy, that is what your son told me. Apparently his volunteer time at the Lincoln zoo is paying off.)

Hmmm...since I visited a zoo, perhaps I should include at least ONE picture of some animals. It looks like the flamingos are posed just for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What awesome pictures! The boys enjoyed looking at them too. Dylan likes the fireworks ones the best.

Mom

Amy said...

I don't have a problem with Tyler's comment as long as he's talking birds and not humans, like himself. LOL

Post a Comment