Jun 13, 2010

Powell Gardens: Bugs and Real Bugs

The boys and I went to Powell Gardens today to check out their new Big Bugs Exhibit. While the flowers were as beautiful as ever, the bug exhibit wasn't quite up to par. I think there were maybe five statues this year, versus previous exhibits that littered the garden. We still had a good time, and some of the flowers and statues are below.


This wasn't one of the statues, but rather one of the more exciting things we saw today. We came out to Powell Gardens after a heavy rain this morning, so I think some of the little critters were out to get dried out. This one in particular was quite entertaining!


This was my favorite of the giant bug exhibits. I think this was number three of five or six that were out this year.
This is the best I could do with my bee pictures. Dylan and Evan helped me spot them in the flowers so I could get a good picture of one.
Giant Ants: There were three of them on top of the hill.
You can still see the rain on the flowers from this morning.


2 comments:

Amy said...

Nice pics, sis!

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! Your camera does a super job or is it the photographer? Hope mine will do as good...ha!

Mom

Post a Comment