Oct 25, 2009

Top Five Reasons Why It's Rough to Lose Your Power On A Sunday Morning

For the last two Sundays in a row, I've lost my power around 7:30 a.m. I'd like to be able to tell you why or how, but all I know is that I hear a really loud *POP* and then everything turns off. Transmitter? Downed power lines? God's personal alarm clock for Jill Carter?

Whatever it was...last Sunday's power came back on around 9 a.m. Today's power...I got a little worried...It eventually made it back on at 10:30 a.m. Normally, a weekend morning wouldn't be that big of a deal if you don't have power, but it's just at the time when I'm trying to get ready for church.

So, here is my top FIVE list why it's rough to lose your power on a Sunday morning...

5. The boys can't turn on tv, which means that they're fighting downstairs while I'm still trying to sleep.

4. Taking a shower can be tough. Even though it's a great thing that you can't see very well while you're in the shower, it becomes problematic when you accidently mix up the shampoo bottle and body soap.

3. The blow dryer. It doesn't work without power. 'nough Said.

2. When the power has been out for over two hours, THAT's the exact time both boys want to get multiple items out of the fridge. Without knowing how long the power will be out, I had to veto the opening of the fridge several times.

1. Electric garage door opener. Homebound it is!

0 comments:

Post a Comment