May 1, 2010

April Photo Contest

April 2010 Photo Contest - Photo Hunt Challenges Different Point of View: Kansas City, Missouri (the zoo) So, I'm wondering what this chimp is thinking?

Perspective Shot: Kansas City, Missouri (the zoo) I'm not sure if the boys are entertained by the gator or if the gator is "entertained" by the boys.

Touch: Evan at the Legends (Kansas City, Kansas)
Taste: Dylan eating Chipotle
Sight: A book

Sound: The Kansas City zoo (We were able to hear his roar from quite a distance!)

Smell: I've spent the last eight Saturdays at The View in Grandview, Missouri. There's nothing quite like spending two hours in an indoor swimming pool for swim lessons. The smell of Chlorine is so strong that I leave with burning eyes, and I'm not the one taking swim lessons!

Sign of Spring: Bike trail in Grandview, Missouri
Flowers: Kansas City, Kansas (The Legends)

Letter in Nature: Kansas City, Missouri (Kansas City Zoo) Do you know how hard it is to get two hippos to pose for a "V"? :)
Trio: Cabella's in Kansas City, Kansas

Fish: Cabella's in Kansas City, Kansas

Skyward: Kansas City, Missouri

Mother Earth: Kansas City, Missouri (Kansas City Zoo) I'm an English teacher, and when I teach American Literature we always read Native American Creation Stories. "The World on the Turtle's Back" was the first thing that came to mind for me when I thought "Mother Earth".

Something Rare: My kids vacuuming? Yeah. That's rare. Very rare!

Something Healthy: Can I put a plug in for Chipotle? It's my FAVORITE "fast food". I think you could eat this stuff every day and not gain weight. (Okay, you might have to avoid the chips, the sour cream, the taco shells, etc. to "not gain weight", but the burrito bowl above is healthy!)

Something Colorful: Kansas City Zoo (I never knew there were BLUE frogs. It looks fake, but I promise it's real!)


Something Spicy: Indian Food
Something Triangular: Overland Park, Kansas

14 comments:

Samara Link said...

Hi! I've been to the area where you live a few times. So, it was nice to go back and visit virtually here. :) I thought of the smell of chlorine as soon as I saw your photo of the pool. The cloud formation in your skyward shot is so cool. And that trio shot is wild because it looks half real and half fake. I think your best photo of all is the one of the book that you took for sight. Good job!

Amanda D said...

Bike riding is a sure sign of spring here too. I love that! My kids vacuuming would be rare too. :) Great shots!

Rhonda said...

Skyward and something rare are my favorites but all of the photos are really great. What a wonderful idea taking most of your pics in one place!!!!
Great job!

Amy said...

Very nice pictures! I like the hippo and book one are my two favorites.

BTW, Where do you find the time? I'm overwhelmed this time of year!

Anonymous said...

Love your April photos! I, too, like the hippos forming the letter 'V'. How creative.
The sky shot is awesome too.

Mom

PaddyMac said...

Like your skyward one - nice composition.
Love the hippo one too.

kayerj said...

nicely done, my favorite was the fish shot. LOL about the kids vacuuming. I think I'd pass out dead if that happened around here.

Kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Raquel said...

'Sound', 'skyward' and 'Mother Earth' were my three favorites. I also got a kick out of your 'something rare' ;o)

Always Faith said...

great shots. skyward was really pretty! wonderful collection.

Mal said...

Love love your sight! Great pictures, looks like a really fun day at the zoo!
Mal- Simple Nothings.

Ang said...

I can just smell your 'smell' photo... ewwww! great shots!!

Mom24 said...

Great pictures. Love the blue frog. :)

carlene federer said...

What fun the photo hunt contest was! Loved your skyward photo as well, and who knew about those crazy blue frogs? LOL! Awesome!

Colleen said...

Sound is awesome. I can just hear him roar!

Post a Comment