Aug 13, 2009

What I'll Miss About Summer (Thanks, Amy!)

The first day of school is over, and how many to go? This year I have three Senior English classes and two Sophomore Honors English classes. There's a nice balance to it.

I thought I was ready for school to start again, but after this week, I'm wishing for another week of summer vacation. What am I going to miss about the summer?

1. Sleeping in. I now get up at 4:45 am. It's pretty depressing when the alarm goes off and it still looks like it's midnight.

2. My official babysitters (Grandma and Grandpa). While they could spend a week with the grandparents in the summer, it's not so easy during the school year.

3. Lunches last longer than 15 minutes. (Additionally, it was nice meeting Lee for lunch, too.)

4. The long walks/jogs in the park. I know I can still do this, but my time is limited. (Oh, and don't let the "jogs" throw you off. It's more...long walks/short jogs in the park.)

5. Windows. My classroom has none. Enough said. (Someone needs to text me or email me if there's a thunderstorm, tornado, monsoon, etc outside.)

6. Using the bathroom when I need to use the bathroom. I think only other teachers can truly appreciate this one! I need to get my bladder back in practice.

7. My cell phone. I lock this bad boy up in my closet during the school day, and only on rare occasions do I actually check it.

8. Computer time. Facebook. Twitter. Blogging. Ahhh....those are the days when I can sit at a computer and not worry about blocked sites.

9. Soaking up the sun. I wish I'd done more of this during the summer, but my pasty white look will soon haunt me once again.

10. Control of the building temperature. My classroom was a balmy 55 degrees today.

3 comments:

Amy said...

You are welcome, Jill, for the idea!

Sarah said...

I am pretty certain I would love the 55 degree classroom! :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that Grandpa and Grandma made the '10' list. We will miss the having the boys until next summer!

Mom

Post a Comment