Dec 28, 2009

A Very Snowy Christmas

Happy Snowy Christmas! Wow! Christmas 2009 is one to remember! The boys and I went to Lincoln, Nebraska to spend Christmas with the family. We left a couple of days early because of all the projected bad weather. Well, this was one winter storm that the weathermen didn't exaggerate. The Blizzard of 2009 (as I'm sure it'll be remembered) kept us stranded at Amy's house for a couple of extra days. After the roads opened up a bit, the boys went to visit with Grandma and Grandpa while I came back to KC for some kid-free time. The above picture is what I came home to. More snow. Hrrummph!
I thought this was a cute picture of Xander with the presents. The bow on top of his head makes him all the more adorable!

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without Dad's prime rib. It was yummy. And despite the near-coronary attack I give Dad every year, I still put ketchup on it.

Santa brought Dylan a Nintendo DS Bakugan game. (Evan got the same. Santa sure knows how to avoid brotherly fighting in my house!)

Grant was very good at helping everyone open presents this year. :)

Despite the yucky weather, we went to the Broekers' church for Christmas Eve. These family pictures were taken after church services at St. Mark's. (The Broekers - Grant, Andy, Madison, Tyler and Amy)
The Carters (Evan, Jill, and Dylan)

The Vests (Xander, Sarah, and Todd)

The Vests (Betty and Doug)
Merry Christmas Everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice Christmas pictures! Enjoyed seeing all the snow in KC. We just wanted to share it with you too.

Mom

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Glad you had a nice Christmas!
(PS Ketchup on Prime Rib??!! I feel the same as your dad!!)

Post a Comment